Small chocolate rolls are some of the most popular pastries offered by your online store Délices et Gourmandises. If you want to have your guests taste them, but are still waiting for your next order to be delivered, here’s a very simple recipe which will help you prepare this tasty pastry by yourself.
Délices et Gourmandises : Delicious chocolate rolls according to tradition
Find the authentic taste of small rolls prepared the traditional way by Délices et Gourmandises and that will delight both young and old without harming your health.
For 8 people, you will need:
For cake layer
- 6 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt chocolate with water over very low heat. Then cool to lukewarm.
- Beat yolks, 1/3 cup sugar, and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer until thick and pale.
- Fold in melted chocolate until blended.
- Beat whites until they just hold soft peaks.
- Gradually add remaining 1/3 cup sugar and beat until whites just hold stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of whites into melted-chocolate mixture to lighten, then fold in remaining whites gently but thoroughly.
- Spread the cake on a greased cake plate or a metal plate lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Right out of the oven, flip the cake onto a clean tea towel and remove the baking paper.
- Loosen edges with a sharp knife
- Melt the chocolate with the cream until smooth and shiny ganache.
- Spread filling evenly over cake.
- Roll up the cake over itself, beginning with a long side while holding tightly.
- Cut it into 8 rectangles of equal size.
For breakfast, dessert or snack time, your little chocolate rolls are perfect with a good cup of tea or coffee. For food lovers, Délices et Gourmandises’ small rolls are also available in vanilla or plain flavor.