If you like coffee, nothing could be better for our breakfast or tea time than Delices and Gourmandises’ coffee mini cakes. You can order them easily on the website, and the team will ensure door delivery with great pleasure. Or sometimes, you can choose to bake them on our own following this very simple recipe!
Enjoy coffee mini cakes authentic taste!
Like all Delices and Gourmandises’ products, its silky and tender coffee mini cakes are elaborated following the traditional recipe and using fresh, healthy ingredients to delight your taste buds with no risk for your health or your weight!
For 12 cakes, you will need:
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 3 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp boiling water
- 150g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, one by one, mixing well between each addition.
- Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water, add to the mixture and mix to combine.
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into the bowl and add to the espresso.
- Line 18 holes in 2 bun tins with fairy cake cases.
- Spoon into the cake cases.
- Bake on the middle shelf of your preheated oven for about 15 minutes until golden, well risen and a wooden skewer inserted into the middle of the cakes comes out clean. It’s better if you swap the trays after 12 mins.
- Leave the cakes to rest in the tin for 2 minutes then ease out onto a wire cooling rack and leave until cold.
Very moist, light, just like Delices and Gourmandises’, these coffee mini cakes go great with a hot cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa.