During the summer days, or while waiting for the sun to come back, all sweets lovers will be delighted by nougats with summer flavors. And when you’re lacking time for home-made nougats, Délices et Gourmandises online store is available 24/7 to door deliver your order for nougats with summer flavors.
Find out the secret of traditional nougats with summer flavors
If you are concerned about your health, don’t worry! These nougats authentic nougats with summer flavors are good for you, since they are low in fat and contain no artificial colorings or flavorings. Just follow this quick and easy recipe to prepare delicious nougats.
- 1 egg white
- 230g unrefined golden icing sugar
- 1tsp liquid glucose
- 2tbsp honey
- 2tbsp water
- 50g pecan nuts lightly toasted, chopped
- 25g pistachio nuts lightly toasted, chopped
- 25g cherries rinsed, dried and chopped
(You can replace with strawberry, orange, lemon as it pleases you)
- Whisk the egg white until stiff, preferably in the mixer bowl, so as to ease the addition of all remaining ingredients afterwards.
- In a sauce pan, stir together the sugar, glucose, honey and water over a very low heat. It should take about 3 to 5 minutes for the mixture to reach the small crack stage.
- Once there, remove the saucepan from the heat, while continuing to whisk.
- In the meantime, pour the syrup into the egg white until the blending becomes glossy and begins to become stiff.
- Stir in the nuts and cherries (or over fruit segments).
- Spread the mixture over a baking tin lined with foil or parchment paper, and press down.
- Cover the nougat slightly with a sheet of the paper, and to correctly press it, place a weight over the top.
- Leave the nougat cold overnight then slice it.
Tips for tasting nougats with summer flavors
Delicious, very tender pieces of nougats with nice tastes of vanilla, strawberry, orange, pistachio or even lemon! You’ll be unable to resist their great taste for every moment of indulgence with your favorite coffee or espresso. They also make the perfect gifting to our beloved ones.